Art Journaling - Dylusions Sprays etc.



I found some time to make an art journal page tonight - it was good therapy!  Fun to be able to just let loose and try out my new Dylusion Sprays and some cool art pens.  I started with laying down some sprays, then doing some ghosting effects with water.  You place a stencil down and spray with water which reacts with the Dylusions and gives a ghost effect.  Then I sprayed the White Linen through a Coffee Break designs stencil to get my go-go dancers.  

I used a Dylusions stencil for the lettering, and the Staedtler Triplus fine liner pens to color them in.  They worked great over the inks.  Then some white with my Uniball Signo pen.  This is the best white pen I have found, love it.  Then I stamped some images through the stencil onto each dancer, and added some stamps to define a floor for them, or a dancing platform... maybe they are in a hip night club dancing!  I used stamps from Tim Holtz (Mixed Media) and Club Scrap (mini Short Sleeve Pants).  A few little touches of trendy tape and a Prima wood veneer flower and it's done!

Personally... I do most of my dancing where no one can see me,  iTunes and Spotify in the art "studio" are my best friends. Do you listen to music when you do art? And what kind?

  Go forth and dance!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
This is great - I love the black dots and text.
Rinda
Jen said…
Oh, this is fabulous. I love your go-go girls. The techniques and stamping and stenciling. All great. L.O.V.E it!
KnitterPam said…
Such fun work! I like to listen to music or crafty podcasts while I work. Paperclipping is a fun one. It's like listening to your friends chatting.