Online Card Class - Kaleidoscope Inking


On the second day of class the over-all theme was birthday cards, and I do like to keep a small stash of those on hand because sometimes I need one in a hurry!  We learned several ways to mix up a sketch, ink colors or embellishing to create a feminine or masculine card.

These two cards are the same design and stamps, just different ink colors.  The first one I need to work on a bit, or perhaps pick better ink colors for the rainbow effect.  Even though this is the "hers" card, I think it would work well for a young child or teen.  The second one is the "his" card, using blues and greens to make it more masculine. I also used a plain font for the greeting and added some wooden stars to jazz it up a bit. I colored them with some Distress Stains in the same color as one of the petals.


Supplies:
Inks: Adrirondack, CTMH, Stampin' Up (whatever I could find in the stash)
Stamps: petal is from CTMH, Hero Arts (enjoy your birthday), Stampin' Up (HB)
cardstock: neenah solar white, Kraft, Club Scrap and unknown
other: Vellum paper and wood stars

Comments

Luckysmom said…
I love the stitched petal you used. I also like the blue and white on kraft.
Jennifer said…
Both gorgeous and you have really knocked this day's homework. I love those spirograph-y shapes. And the inking is fabulous. Good job.