Art Journal as Motivation


I had a art journal to work in last week, and wasn't really feeling any ideas.  Then I read a post by Mary Jo McGraw about making your own stencils from images in magazines.  So I gave it a try with a runner from a fitness magazine I read.  I googled a bunch of inspirational saying for running, or just motivating yourself to get out there and MOVE!  I need a little extra push these days.  I attend boot camp twice a week, but have found these last 6 months that my weight is creeping up a little bit, while diet and exercise haven't changed at all - I attribute it to menopause.  This year I am blaming everything on menopause - LOL.  So I need to find ways to make myself move more!

I used a variety of mediums on this page - Gelatos as the base colors, Distress Stains, gesso and some Pumice gel mixed with acrylic paint to give the trail some texture.

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Great job, and I definitely hear you on the weight creep, even with all the running I've been doing. I think menopause and alcohol are the culprits.
Rinda
Jen said…
This is fantastic. Love the hill and the stencil girl.
Farley said…
Wholey moley this is terrific! Really like all the mediums you used and your stencil is brilliant.
Maryjo McGraw said…
Awesome GIRL!