June Papertreyink Blog Hop





This month the challenge was to use gold in your project somewhere.  I just got this set of stamps and decided I'd try something with them. 

 I embossed the flower and leaves in gold on kraft paper and then used Inktense pencils to watercolor. I used some of the white pencil to add highlights to the flower tips.   Then I die cut them, I think for these dies it's better to die cut first and then stamp to get perfect placement.  

Then I used a small strip of gold cardstock as an accent across the black scalloped piece and Delicata gold ink to stamp the sentiment, which I  then punched out with a SU punch. 

thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
stamps: Papertreyink, Delightful Dahlia
paper: Neenah Desert Storm card base, Fancy Pants Design patterned paper made for Simon Says Stamp
inks: Versamark, Delicata Gold
dies: PTI, Stampin' Up large scallop border die
misc: word window punch, Stampin' Up, Corner Cromper


Comments

Unknown said…
Really pretty! I love the flower colored and embossed. LOVE!!
Linda Nicholson said…
Love how you colored the flower! I think this was one of the first sets PTI released with the matching dies...you definitely colored it to perfection.

Linda
Jen said…
Lovely gold card. Good on you getting this challenge up.
Maria Ontiveros said…
Great embossing. My friend Karen Walker of the blog random reflections does a lot with Paper Trey Ink stamps.
Rinda
DF said…
Beautiful! Love those big blooms.
Shay said…
Beautiful card and the coloring on your flower is lovely!
Kim Heggins said…
This is so stunning...what an amazing flower too. I am in love with your gold embossing on both your flower and leaves. What a sweet birthday card, who ever receives this will love it!
Lindsey said…
What a beautiful and detailed card. So so pretty!
Heather P. said…
Very pretty!