Learning to Draw







Last year I did Mary Jo McGraw's Secret Blog "class" online and this June she's started the second one.    This time around focusing more on drawing/sketching. For the money you can't beat a whole year of inspiration and lessons.  I'm not good at drawing, but thought this class might stretch my creative muscles a bit and give me some new ways to work in art journals. I am hoping to improve a whole lot over the next 12 months, but don't expect to be an expert at all.

I'm working in a little Faber-Castell travel journal, the pages are fairly light weight but have some good tooth to them, so the pencil grabs easily.  I got a small set of their pencils the other day, but probably will want to add a few more graphite ones to the mix.  I find it relaxing, especially since there is not pressure.  This little book is just for me to practice in. 

Check out Mary Jo here.  You can still sign-up for either one of her secret blogs. She also  does a lot of classes in the Spokane area, but travels too!

BTW - you can see from the pages above I am a total novice to this drawing, hoping some of the talent my Mom has will funnel down to me!

Comments

Farley said…
Nancy this is great that you are learning sketching techniques. What you've got so far shows me you have the knack and will unlock a new area for your talents.
Jen said…
This is amazing. I didn't KNOW you have these skills. Very impressive.
Maria Ontiveros said…
I think you're already ahead of me on the whole shading thing. For some reason, it baffles me.
Rinda