Lemonade... made in the shade!


Just received some new stamps from The Stamps of Life -I couldn't resist the companion set that went with the original lemonade set.  I had fun making up these two cards.  I stamped the ice cubes and then coated them with glossy accents to make them look "real".  The top card has the yellow done with vellum paper, which is tricky to adhere to your base piece without glue showing.  The second card the yellow is stamped using Lemonade Distress Ink, I think it's the perfect color!

Then I just put them together using some background papers from my stash - quick and fun and they are ready to send off as "happy mail".

p.s. When my sisters and I were kids  my Mom used to always say to us during the summer "lemonade made in the shade with a rusty old spade", never failed to get a giggle.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Love these cards and the quote from Mom. Your ice cubes are COOL!