Art Journal


I finished up a couple art journal pages and sent them on their merry way.  Let me explain my "thought process" on that top one.  I was pawing through my ephemera drawer and found the old recipe.  I though it might be fun to work with so I started looking for things to go with it.  Found a couple old appliance cookbooks and the fun lobster.  So I started with making a background with paints (Claudine Hellmuth) and gesso and stencils.  The stencil is really some of that sequin waste that makes for great polka dots.  Then I found the fun saying on a recipe card and thought the stencil of the gal would work well with a thought/speech bubble.  Usually that's how my art journaling starts out, with one strainge object.

The bottom one is for an art journal that will become a travel journal so I wanted to leave space for writing, photos or ephemera they might pick up along the way.  Some of the foreign papers came along with the journal to use on our pages.  

Now I am feverishly working on completing the wedding invitations for my daughter and her fiance.  I  am anxious to get back to other creative projects after those are done, but they are my first  only priority right now!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
These are so much fun! Re: the wedding invites: "you go girl!!!"
Rinda