Photo Holder





Many months ago my friend Chrissie sent me, Jen and Farley all these blank photo/note holders with the idea that we would all decorate them and share our creations.  It was a spin off on the Squirrely Challenges.  Well, suffice to say we have been very slow about getting around to this challenge.  I feel awful, as she went to all the trouble to get the items and mail them to us.  So finally I had some time last weekend to start on mine.  The idea was in my head for awhile. 

 I painted the block (which is wood) with white paint and then red.  I remembered from my Tole painting days that red would cover better with a base of white first.  The then I used some PVA glue to adhere some Tim Holtz tissue, I just tore the pieces and glued down randomly.  While that was drying I painted the wood veneer butterflies with black acrylic paint and then after everything was good and dry I glued them to the block. 

It's fairly simple, which was what I was going for.  I'd like to do another with other veneer shapes, I think cameras would be pretty cool.

Comments

Farley said…
Oh WOW, WOW, WOW, Nancy! This is so cool and love the colors. Very sophisticated and so artistic. Guess I better get a move on mine now:) This will be a hard act to follow.
Chrissie said…
Absolutely beautiful. I'm the one who should feel awful...i still haven't finished my own!! I love the tissue paper and the wood butterflies. Thanks so much for playing along, you've inspired me to finally finish mine!
Maria Ontiveros said…
I think you could also use it to photograph your cards. It's very cool.
Rinda
Jen said…
No, I think I should feel the most awful. I haven't even started mine. This one is amazing. And I love the color combo with the black butterflies. Sweet.