Watercolor - Online Card Class



 I'm taking another excellent class over at Online Card Classes - this one is all about watercolor for card makers.  The first days lessons looked so easy on the videos, those gals really know their stuff.  It wasn't such a pretty sight on my work station,  but it was fun trying everything out! 

The first card is made with an acrylic block, distress inks and lots of water!  Then the "hello" is some letters die cut out of Bristol paper.

The middle one I took a short cut - instead of embossing a background I used some pre-made resist paper from Stampin' Up that I had forgotten I had and just unearthed this weekend!  Use the stash!!  I used cake watercolors.

The last card is done using watercolors and a stencil. I used the cake type watercolors that I have had for awhile.  I'm pretty sure I picked them up at Michaels and they were pretty inexpensive.  But they work!

Stay tuned for more as the class is two weeks!!

Comments

Darnell said…
I love the name "squirrely art" and the name "young Nancy!" I think you did a magnificent job on all three of your watercolor cards! I do agree, however, they make it look a lot easier than it is!

I'm happy to discover your blog and be your newest follower! I'd love to have you pop over and follow me, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell
WickedPixie said…
I followed the link from the OCC gallery to see your cards! They are all 3 gorgeous! I am now off to look at more of your blog - you create beautiful cards!
Harriet Skelly said…
Your cards are all so beautiful - great job with the lessons!
KnitterPam said…
Oooh, these are fun, Nancy. I'm taking the class too. I need to go watch the videos - you and Farley have inspired me!
Jennifer said…
Young Nancy, your cards are lovely. I am busy with my other scrapping class but I am going to try to copy some of your techniques. You seem to be very good at watercolor.
Farley said…
Hey Momma Squirrel…these are AWESOME! Your stencil card turned out fantastic. Mine not so much, LOL.
Anonymous said…
wow, beautiful cards, love them! :) I was particularly drawn to the first one and the vibrant colours from the class gallery ... and when I arrived, discovered there were other fabulous cards!! :)
Rett said…
Your cards turned out wonderful!