Watercolor Stamping

 Our next set of lessons for Online Card Classes involves some Watercolor Stamping, and this is actually one of my favorite techniques.  I looked through my stamps and found that this set from Stampin' Up has a two step process which lends itself well to this technique.  The set is called Field Flowers.

  My first try was a bit of a train wreck, then I got out the Stamp-a-ma-jig and that help alot.  You also have to get the right amount of water, kind of a trial and error method.  So many things to consider: the inks you are using, the paper, the mister bottle of water!

I was having such a great time I made several cards in different color combinations.  I can't list all the inks I used... I have such an eclectic variety of inks.  But, here are the brands I used:  Stampin' Up dye Ink, Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Dye Ink and CTMH inks.  Some of these are very old so I would advise you to use any dye ink you have!

These are all going into my Operation Write Home box-o-cards.  Soon I should have enough to mail off at box to them.

Comments

Jean said…
Wonderful stamp choice for this technique - and wow, all of those colors look terrific!
joyceglee said…
You have really mastered this technique. Great cards!
Farley said…
These are all beautiful Nancy! That flower really lends itself to this technique.
Maria Ontiveros said…
I love this technique, too. I also really liked the acrylic block one you did yesterday. My blog friend Karen Walker of Random Reflections is also taking this class.
Looking forward to more cards,
Rinda
KnitterPam said…
so simple and beautiful!
Cheryl said…
Very nice!
Nancy, these are gorgeous! I love the other watercolor ones too!
Anonymous said…
These are so so beautiful!!
Unknown said…
Gorgeous cards!
Jennifer said…
These are beautiful. Good for that Stampamajig. Oh, I'll just call it a positioner.
Mona said…
Beautiful take on this technique!