Flower Frogs

I've received a few inquires about the flower frog that I sometimes take photos of my cards with.  I had seen them on many blogs and thought they were really a great idea, and cool looking.  Then when visiting my parents this past summer I happened to spy the one I have used  here (and other posts)  in one of the drawers in my Mom's hutch.  She graciously gave it to me, actually she's trying to get rid of stuff so I think she was just happy I wanted it!  Flower frogs are placed in the bottom of vases to hold flowers in place.

  They are very useful in Ikebana flower arranging, and you can easily make your own out of wire.  You can still find them at floral shops and on-line for a good price, however vintage flower frogs are quiet collectible and can be pricey.  I'm super glad to have found my "vintage" frog at my Mom's!  Check out Etsy and Amazon... or drop by your local florist!

Comments

Maria Ontiveros said…
Thanks for the explanation! Will keep my eyes open for one.
Rinda